Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Dad

These pictures were taken on Father's Day 2008. I just now got around to doing a layout with them. With the busy pattern in Rhonda's shirt, I knew I wanted a toned-down color scheme so that things didn't get too visually busy. I picked the sage tone and then I found some patterned paper and die-cut words by My Mind's Eye that I bought ages ago. They were a "father" theme and I am just tickled I came across them while planning this page. How often do you really buy something at a scrapbook store then use it for what you originally intended? Me...rarely, especially if it all gets organized into my stash of things.

I colored the chipboard letters and brackets using Chocolate Chip craft ink, then sanded the edges of the letters. (I love to use my heat tool to speed the drying time.) The chipboard frames were covered with the patterned paper by Making Memories, then I sanded the edges. The metal embellishments and solid Sage Shadow cardstock are from SU! The word "our" is some Velvet Thickers mom gave me. The ribbons and solid tan cardstock are misc. from my stash.

Since I wanted the frames to go off the edge of the page, I simply lined them up where I wanted them, made a pencil mark for the "new edge" and cut it with my craft knife. I adhered them after I cut the edges.

*click on the picture and you can see all the details*

I am super tired this week, despite many, many blessings. I will be stretching out my posts for the next little while since my mojo is in outer space somewhere. If I show you all my newest stuff several days in a row, you'll really have a gap in posting from me.

Ok, let's have a song today. Click HERE, then choose the arrow on the first song to play. :) whistle along if you wish...I know I can use this "happy" reminder to not get so stressed. Besides, I'm too blessed to be stressed and I just need to remind myself of that sometimes!

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Very nice page!!! Love the layout and the clean look of this. The colors are great!!!