Thursday, October 23, 2008

What We Decided

We decided together to have her little body privately cremated and we will get her ashes back next week. They also do a permanent impression of her little paw and that goes on top of the container that holds the ashes. Neither of us could bear to see her body today or to bury her ourselves. I did ask the office if they would cut off a good handful of her luscious fur that I can keep. I always used to put my nose in her fur and just snuggled her soft body. She always smelled so good, even if she hadn't been bathed recently. I wanted a bit of that for a keepsake. Kevin lovingly picked up her collar, the fur and the towel today I had her wrapped in when I took her Tuesday. We will settle the bill when we pick up her ashes. I tried to convey our gratitude despite my tears when I called them back with our decisions. We couldn't have asked for a better vet office. Their care and compassion are priceless. I will also tell them again in person next week and want to hug Dr. Lehman for all she has done.

We also truly appreciate all the nice, loving messages, e-mails and phone calls we have received. Thank you! It helps ease the pain. It is painfully silent in our house, so I've had music on all day. I go from laughing or dancing to bawling within the blink of an eye. I am off work tomorrow and don't know if I'll stick around here or have to get out for some fresh air and go somewhere. Just a day at a time, I guess.

No comments: