Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cricut Storybook Cards

My co-worker let me borrow her Cricut Storybook cartridge to create Julie's engagement party invitations/announcements. I have totally added it to my "gotta have" list. It's a great cartridge and you can create the most intricate shapes, flowers and frames.

Rhonda came over Saturday and we cranked out almost 20 of these for Julie. The hardest part was adhering the pink cut-outs. LOL! The Mono Multi glue has a finer tip and that glue is the bomb for little things like this! You only need a tiny 'lil dab. The stamp and corner punch is from SU! and the oval punch is from Marvy Uchida. Do you see the little bling stones we added to the pink cut-outs? Added just the right touch, ya think? :) OH, by the way...these are going to be Julie's wedding colors. The insides were printed in black onto hot pink cardstock and the corners were cut out using the same corner punch. *click for a closer look* The black cardstock is a bit textured.


On Sunday the 12th we'll all be heading to Columbus to celebrate with Julie and Josh. This is the card I made for them with another element from the Cricut Storybook cartridge. You cut the flower part, then cut the background circle. It's super easy and look how gorgeous the shape is! I added some light blue bling stones, some ribbon, paper piercing and a stamped sentiment from Papertrey Ink. I loved that it says "embrace happiness". I pray that this is only the beginning of a very happy life for the two of them.

On Saturday afternoon, Kevin and I went to see the wonderful movie Fireproof. Oh my! I wish all movies were made with such purpose. Go see it! We very rarely go to the new release movies as it's expensive. This one is worth every penny you spend to go. Seriously, go see it with your beloved. It even made Kevin cry.

I am praising God today for such a wonderful and moving weekend. Let's have a great song to honor Him! Click HERE!

No comments: