Monday, October 27, 2008

Vickie

This page is about my co-worker Vickie. She is always bringing the most beautiful bouquets of home-grown flowers to the office. It truly blesses so many people! I had these pictures of her and decided to make a special page about her loving act of kindness. *click any pic for a closer look*


I started with a pink polka-dot piece of 12x12 for the base. I then cut out the detailed flower part from another sheet of printed paper and added subtle glittery accents with Stickles. The individual glittered flowers are cut from a third sheet of patterned paper, covered with Stickles and added to the page with glittery brads. The title "Vickie" was cut out with my Cricut and glittered with Stickles also.

Because of the purple in her scrub top and the bouquet of flowers, I strategically added "pops" of purple on the page using the photo corner, a purple journaling marker and the purple glittery brads. The journaling box is cut from the center of the flowery-edged patterned paper. I added the detail at the top using the spiral punch from SU!, then inked the edges with Green Galore ink.
Thanks for stopping by...I actually made a few cards on Sunday evening and will have a few things to show this week. Thanks to God for that little streak of creativity in the midst of my grief. He is so good to me! At times, I am in awe of the peace I have about our loss of Macy. Though my heart is torn I will praise Him through this storm! Here's a powerful song for today...click HERE to listen. It is so true.

No comments: