Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sweet of You

I needed a thank you card, so this is what I created Wednesday night. I used Whisper White and Soft Sky cardstocks from SU! The background was created by stamping the one flower in the Doodle This stamp set over and over with Soft Sky ink. It no longer looks like a flower, but just a "funky" background. I love to use my stamps like that to get new and exciting patterns. I then stamped over the background using the Papertrey Ink set called Polka Dot Basics with Versamark ink and then embossed with Iridescent Ice powder. The big dots look a bit "gray" in this picture (they're not). You can see the sparkly detail better in the photo below.
On this picture, you can see the sparkly Iridescent Ice embossing powder I used on the polka dots, the texture on the white piece I put through the Cuttlebug, and the dimension of the stamped focal piece. I used the retired Sale-a-Bration set So Many Scallops for big flower. I then added a clear button in the center using iridescent thread. I unraveled more pieces of the thread to get smaller threads to wrap around the white piece. I was pleased with the final card. It has a soft look with some sparkly detail.

I think I must be sick though. I actually said "That's gross!" when glitter got all over the floor and my fuzzy slippers. Am I becoming a glitterphobe again? Geesh! LOL! My mojo has been off lately and now I've said this. How will I ever get packed tonight for Friday's crop? Ugh. I'm not into it right now it seems. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of sick....Macy didn't eat supper Wednesday night. She ate it late Tuesday night with coaxing from her concerned mom (me!). This dog was mopey Wed night again. I don't get it. She ate breakfast like a champion, enjoyed her ride to Papa's at lunch and was so good that afternoon. I don't understand what is wrong. This dog NEVER refuses food. Now she sniffs her food and just walks away. She is going potty fine, drinking water and will eat her baby carrot treat or potty treats just fine. I wonder if she is having "dog food burnout", but who knows. I'll just keep watching her for weirdness and go from there. I want to avoid a vet bill if possible, but I'd still pay any amount needed to help her, too. :( She's our "baby", you know.

No comments: