Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To Have and To Hold

Eight years ago today, we were married at First Christian Church in Ashland, Ohio. It was a perfect fall day and the sun was shining. Friends and family gathered to help us celebrate the beginning of our life together. I remember Kevin sighing when I appeared at the back of the sanctuary and how I kept winking at him during my vows to keep from crying. It's all on our video! LOL! As I went through our album to pick out some pics to post for today, so many memories came back. I had already forgotten what the cake topper looked like, how young some of the cousins were, etc. We kept our wedding simple, yet elegant. It will be amazing to look back at these pictures in eight more years and see how our lives have changed even from today. *click any pic for a closer look*

Mr. & Mrs. Kevin Simmons
My grandfather was our minister. That is priceless!
He did the ceremonies for my parents, my aunts, my sister and so many more.
He passed away in October 2002. :(
The wedding party
Our wonderful parents
The classic cake-cutting picture (You can see the cake topper here.)
We had a very simple reception in the church fellowship hall.
Everything was just perfect!
Here's the card I made to give to Kevin today.
Here's the inside of the card. I will also write a bit from
my heart to let him know how much I love him.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: