Monday, October 13, 2008

Celebrating Julie and Josh

After church on Sunday, we drove to Columbus for Julie and Josh's engagement party. It was a wonderful, casual gathering of family and friends. We had a great time!

Here's the happy couple. Hard to think my niece is getting married in June. She'll make a beautiful bride!
Here's a pic of her "rock". She had just gotten a nice manicure, too. It's a princess cut and is stunning in person. Pics just don't do it justice.
Josh's 6-week-old nephew Ayden was there, too. I got to hold him and feed him. He is just precious! I loved seeing this loving interaction between them. It reminded me of when I first became an aunt...when Julie was born. Ah...seems like yesterday.
This was the magnificent sky on the drive home. How amazing is this? Wow! It was in line with the highway and had the neatest feathery swirls in it. Wow!

The funny thing about Sunday...it was also my dad's 65th b-day. He didn't get any of the attention though! LOL! I'll have to go spoil him later this week. Happy Belated Birthday, Dad!

The neatest thing, too....Charles got to play guitar in the band at church Sunday. As I was singing the praise songs, I just thanked God that Charles was right there, right then. It was an answered prayer and as I realized it more and more I just let the tears stream down my face. Thank you, Lord! It was amazing to think just weeks ago he was nowhere near the point he is now. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Kevin and I celebrate our 8-year wedding anniversary Tuesday. Mom and I are going to a crop on Friday night. Other than that, it's an easy week. Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: