Sunday, September 28, 2008

Scrap Pink Highlights

I attended a very special 10-hour crop on Saturday in Mansfield that was hosted by The Scrapbooking Cafe (TSC). Scrap Pink benefits the Susan G. Komen Foundation. TSC will be donating $10 per person plus 10% of sales for the day.

Jenn, Holly and Debbi are the team who planned the event. Jenn and Debbi are co-owners of the new scrapbook store in Mansfield. Some of you may be familiar with Holly VanDyne, a nationally published scrapbooker and finalist for Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooker of the Year. These ladies are just sweethearts! Everyone who attended received one of these t-shirts designed for Scrap Pink.
Five of us (Mom, Tammy, Connie, Me, Joan) enjoyed a day filled with friendship, creativity, fun, food, prizes and lots of giggles! By the time this picture was taken, we were all so tired...but in a good way! We really did crop 'til we dropped!
Each person received a packet with free goodies. This is what was in mine.
There were many prizes during the event. I was lucky enough to win this Basic Grey 6x6 paper pack! Love these colors! I can't wait to make some awesome cards with some of it!
Here are the goodies I purchased. I forgot to put the Fiskars Threading Water punch in the picture. I bought 11 sheets of the printed paper to use on Christmas cards this year. Then, I had to have this funky orange paper with holes, two die-cuts, Stickles and yummy super-wide ribbon.
A very special part of the event was the story about a local lady who is battling cancer. She will travel to Minnesota's Mayo Clinic for treatment. I took a picture of the flyer about her. Crop attendees had the opportunity to create pages that will go in an album for her. All she has to do is add pictures (she isn't a scrapper). There were several themes pertaining to her family for which we could create pages. I failed to get a pic of the two birthday pages my mom did, but you can see the "mom" page I did and the incredible paper-pieced cat Tammy made for the Halloween page.

In summary, it was a great day! Remember, you can click on any picture for a closer look. I will share the pages I finished at Scrap Pink in future blog posts. Everyone have a blessed week!

No comments: