Thursday, September 11, 2008

Missing You

I will send this card to my sweet friend Michelle in Minnesota. We met many moons ago when I worked at Nordstrom in the Mall of America. I sure miss her! I hope this card makes her smile.

I stamped a retired SU! background onto the Blue Bayou card using Whisper White craft ink. I didn't want it perfect, so I inked some areas of the stamp more. The edges are inked with white ink, too. The retired SU! butterfly is stamped onto a scrap of patterned scrapbook paper using Blue Bayou ink. The scalloped strip is actually part of a pack of Doodlebug Designs strips I have in white. I used my shimmery chalks to color it red. The butterfly is chalked with the lightest white shimmer chalk. The final addition was the sentiment in Blue Bayou ink. The only part of the butterfly that is glued is the body. That way the wings will "pop" up. *click to see more*

Some blessings from yesterday:
lunch and a movie with family
6 new Yoplait yogurts in my fridge(the best yogurt ever!)
a clean house
no bills in the mail
soft sheets and snuggly jammies
Eskie dog kisses
oil changed and tires rotated by my hubby
and...the list could go on...

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Thursday!

No comments: