Monday, September 8, 2008

Barely Banana Trio

I had Barely Banana in my head for some reason before I made these three 4x4 cards. I grabbed a 12x12 sheet of the luscious textured cardstock! Yum! I had a pretty productive Sunday afternoon/evening stamping time. I recently rearranged my main table and some of the things within my craft area. It has really helped having several things within reach. I did watercoloring, heat embossing and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig several times on Sunday. I feel much more at ease with how things are arranged. Guess MOJO liked it, too. LOL Now, if I could just get Macy to lay about a foot away from the chair wheels. She likes to be touching them for fear she might miss something if her momma moves. Goofy kid.

I stamped the image onto watercolor paper using Timber Brown Staz-On. I used my AquaPainter to color the image. It's hard to see, but I added crystal Stickles to the shell. The base cardstock is Groovy Guava...one of last year's In Color colors. The stamped piece is adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.


I eliminated the Groovy Guava and made this card more masculine. I covered the chipboard tag with patterned paper, then heat embossed the leaf image. The other patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Archaic collection. I inked the edges of everything and added the sentiment with Timber Brown Staz-On. It is so straight since I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for precise placement. I love that tool!!! The base cardstock is Kraft. I used my Crop-a-Dile to add the large eyelets to the chipboard tag.

My co-worker let me borrow her Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge and I cut out this cute flower border. It was the perfect size for a 4x4 card. The main image is stamped on watercolor paper using Timber Brown Staz-On, then colored using my AquaPainter. It is adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the sentiment along the left side. The original stamp has the words on four lines. See, I love that Stamp-a-ma-jig! It allows me to use my sentiments as I need them, not just as they come on the rubber. The bling stones are a neat lighter brownish color. They look black in the pic.

Tune in tomorrow for my other Trio using Night of Navy, Green Galore and Real Red as the three main colors. It all started with one piece of funky felt ribbon that mom had given me. I have several "treasures" in my stash from loved ones. I am so blessed!

No comments: