Saturday, September 13, 2008

Birthday Wishes

This picture doesn't do this card justice. It is yummy, shimmery and sparkly in real life. I posted it anyway as it's the last card I had to show you. I made it for a friend who loves purses and is celebrating her birthday next week.

The base is square and is created using some yummy shimmer paper I got at Archivers. I punched the circle in the front first, then stamped the scalloped image perfectly over it using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I used Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice powder. The lighter shimmer paper is a yummy light purple, but it looks like washed-out white here. Anyway....I layered one piece inside and stamped a purse there using Blue Bayou ink. Then, the sentiment is by Papertrey Ink and double-layered on the ovals. When I first layered the ovals, the larger one blended in with the base card too much so I simply covered the entire thing with Versamark and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice powder to make it match the scallop. It stands out better now. That sentiment is with Blue Bayou ink, but looks black here. The last trick was making custom-colored ribbon. The sheer ribbon was white and I simply ran it over my Blue Bayou ink pad using a sponge wedge and let it dry before adding it to the card. This ribbon trick produces majorly inky fingers, so next time I'll use a plastic bag over my fingers. LOL The card fold is on the left. I made a slit in the fold using my craft knife and ran the ribbon around the card and hid the ends under the oval piece.


It's a soggy, rainy weekend here so hopefully I'll get some major crafting time and have more goodies to show soon. That is IF my mojo shows up. We'll see! Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: