Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gratitude

It's creeping close to midnight on Tuesday night as I post this, so I'll make it quick. I made this card after being inspired by the colors in the ribbon. Colors are Barely Banana and Groovy Guava. I used retired SU! sets Define Your Life and Time Well Spent. Accessories are white gel pen, self-stick pearls, ribbon and white chipboard shape. Oh, and Stampin' Dimensionals. I love those dumb things!

When I started this card, I was just stamping to be stamping. Once I added the sentiment, I knew EXACTLY who would receive it. I am holding onto it for a very special moment of expressing my gratitude. :)

The word gratitude is a wonderful word. Doesn't it just make you want to start counting your blessings?! Ah....I have SO many. On a bad day, yeah...I tend to forget to keep that list fresh and never-ending. If I hang my head with worry, I forget to look up and SEE all that I have to be grateful for...I am so glad I "wake up" and get back on track. Gratitude should be a part of my life at all times. Always. As I get ready to slip into bed tonight, I am immediately thinking of the soft sheets, the warm bed, my sweet sleeping husband (yes, the one I sometimes call knucklehead and who keeps me awake with snoring. LOL), my sweet little pooch and so on and so on. And, that's just what I'm thankful for at bedtime. Ooh...can't forget my toothbrush. I love that wonderful little thing!

OH and I have to add one to the list. Wanda. Macy and I visited her Tuesday night. It's been a while since I've been next door to see her. Her bruises are all gone. I am so grateful for her recovery. If you don't know the story, you can read it HERE. (scroll down a bit) I could go on and on, but...I've got to be rested for work in the morning.

See ya and thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

These colors are great!! Very pretty card!!