Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Special Announcement

As posted in my mid-month update e-newsletter to customers:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

After much thought and prayer, I have decided to close my Stampin' Up! business when this current catalog ends on August 10,2008. My business has been such a tremendous blessing! I have gained so much in the way of friendships, self-confidence and personal achievement. I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your continued support in the last three years.
My only reason for ending my demonstratorship is to regain a sense of balance in my life. I decided it was time to exhale mentally, emotionally and physically. I have pondered doing less with my business versus giving it up. I have been so torn about my decision because creativity is my passion! I want to give nothing less than 110% to my customers and simply came to the point where I felt it was time to focus on my personal life more and to recharge my "batteries". I always told myself that if life got too hectic and I needed to cut back on commitments, my business was the logical thing to go. There is no doubt I will miss it in a lot of ways.
My family has listened to my thoughts and tears regarding my tough decision and has supported me through every step of the process. You know how some people end something good in life when they are on the top? That's how I feel. I have a very successful business, a great customer base and a terrific company to work with...Stampin' Up! To those on the outside looking in, there really is no logical reason at this point to end my business. I have great support from my husband, family and friends. However, it is time to say goodbye to the business aspect and return to customer status...for myself.
During the next few months, I will not change my business in any way. I am here for each of you as we make this smooth transition together. Please call me, e-mail me or stop by with your questions or orders. It is hard to break this news to you, but I know it will help me be a better person to recharge and rebalance my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what each of you has given to me these last three years! I couldn't have asked for a better experience! The main thing that is important to me is that none of you read anything into my decision or speculate for a minute. I have tried to word this carefully so that there is no room for speculation. This decision has been months in the making and I decided that the end of this catalog seemed like a logical transition for both myself and customers. God Bless you all!

Sincerely,
Natalie
I really don't have anything to post for Tuesday, so I thought I'd share this here, too. It took me hours to get my newsletter done as I didn't want to come across negative in any way regarding my decision. I hope everyone understands this is from my heart. I am so very tired today and I think a lot of it has to do with the emotional exhale of simply announcing my "retirement". *sigh* I hate the idea of letting anyone down with all of this.
I'll try to get crafty again later in the week. I have to prepare for a fun cropping day at mom's Saturday and my last workshop on Sunday.
Thanks for reading this far...

1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

Natalie,
I know how much you love to create and how much you love the SU! I know you have put much thought and prayer into your decision and I will pray for you.