Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home

I got this white chipboard word on clearance at Target last year. My mom admired it and just this past weekend I finally got it decorated for her (me, procrastinate? nah!). She is going to hang it in her craft area beside a framed art piece that uses the same color scheme. It's kinda sweet...the framed piece she made is about my dad. *smile*

I used my Mono Multi-purpose glue to adhere the cardstock and sanded the edges with my sanding block. I left them kind of "raw" instead of inking them. I added some die-cuts, ribbons and buttons for a finishing touch. To get the cardstock cut to the size of each letter, simply lay the paper face down, then the chipboard piece face down over it. Trace around the letter with a pencil, then cut out and adhere. To get the inside of certain letters sanded just use a small nail file or something like the Basic Grey precision file kit for those really tight spots.


When I think of the word home, I remember my childhood home in Kentucky. I didn't realize how much that home meant to me until after we moved away in 1994. I often dream of being back in our old house, even in my bedroom. In my dreams I remember the sights, smells and sounds of that place I called home for 22 years. I am so blessed to have been raised in a loving, happy home. Thanks mom and dad! *sniffle*

No comments: