Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 14th Workshop Highlights


Project #1: Fun and bright 8x8 scrapbook layout! I chose colors from the Bold Brights group (tempting turquiose, real red, only orange, green galore). Stamp sets: Little Pieces (pg 116) and Think Happy Thoughts (pg 122). I used the Cutter Kit to create the freehand wavy pieces. Add a few punches, some ribbon and a button for a fun page. If you wish for your layout to be more girly, simply replace the stars by stamping the flower from the Think Happy Thoughts set and replace the orange tag with the scallop circle punch. It is easy to adapt a sketch or idea by changing stamps, colors or accessories. Imagine this layout in the Soft Subtles colors for a darling baby page!

Project #2: Simple and cute! Just buy the large binder clips at any office or discount store. Add a few rub-ons, ribbon and a cherished photo! Easy!

Hostess Gift: Since rub-ons were featured with Project #2, I decided to carry the theme to the hostess gift also. I found these cute little silver frames at Pat Catan's and simply added some rub-ons. This would be a great gift idea for a birthday or thank you. So fast and easy!

Thank you Wendi for being a hostess!
You'll receive a special invitation to my
Hostess Appreciation Event in July!
Stay tuned as tomorrow SU! will reveal the list of retiring stamp sets. I will include the list in my mid-month e-mail update also. I am so curious what will be leaving this time! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! On Sunday I will post a project I made for my dad. Can you believe he reads my blog?! I love you, DAD!

No comments: