Friday, June 13, 2008

Irene

This is a layout I did about my great aunt Irene. This picture is from her b-day in January 2007 when she turned 91. Her wish every year when she blows out her candles is the same...that we can meet again in one year to do it all over again. She still lives alone and has a sharp mind. She tells the funniest stories from way back when or even funny things about my dad when he was little. She is the last surviving sibling from my paternal grandmother's family. My dad's mom was her sister. My dad looks a lot like Irene to me....same eyes and smile. If my grandma had lived longer I like to think she'd look a lot like this.

We had a prayer meeting at work Thursday night. It really put into perspective how truly blessed I am to work at Ashland Family Practice. This meeting was a praise and prayer time in regards to the founding doctor's current health. He is currently at OSU and will be entering rehab hopefully tomorrow. He has a long road ahead of him after this last neck surgery and bone infection. Please keep Dr. D in your prayers.

I am overwhelmed. I am saddened. I am encouraged. I am humbled. I am blessed. In the midst of good or bad, we must remain faithful. Here's a good song about being full of praise despite the good or bad we endure...really really listen to the words
--click-> HERE (2nd song)

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: