Monday, June 23, 2008

June 22nd Workshop Highlights

My hostess wanted to recreate something similar to the cute little jar on page 116 of the catalog. I was fortunate to find these adorable jars at Wal-Mart in a 3-pack. I kept everything bright and cheery by using the Bold Brights colors. To create the fun flowers, simply stamp and punch out your circles and adhere to the scallop circle punch-outs. Make a "sandwich" by first taping the skewer stick onto the back of one scallop. Add four dimensionals (two of them stacked two-high) on either side of the stick. If you add brads to the center, be sure to add them before you make your "sandwich". I used the pliers in the Crafter's Tool Kit to cut the skewers in varying lengths. Add ribbon and trim ends, fill jar with candy, then insert flowers. Easy peasy!


So many variations! I love to see how creative the guests get with their projects. The second from the left was made in red/white/blue to match an Americana kitchen. Cute! *click any pic for a closer look*


These little pups were too tired to stamp. LOL Aren't they adorable? Chubs and Annie! They greeted me at the door and licked my toes. They like lotion just like my Macy. LOL

I made the hostess gift to coordinate with the workshop project. I created a hanging frame from a photo mat. Simply stamp the mat with the stamps of your choice, add some Hodgepodge Hardware "hangers" and ribbon. See the next photos for close-ups and details...


I used craft ink to stamp the letters and images. The letters were stamped directly onto the mat, but these circles were stamped on cardstock then glued on. I arranged the colors in reverse order of the stamped name. I am a bit anal with details, you know. Made ya look! LOL


To make this a "frame" you need a place to insert a photo. Simply cut off the flap of a clear envelope just below the adhesive strip. Place Sticky Strip around the photo mat opening then carefully adhere the envelope. Be sure to adhere the envelope with the front of the envelope facing the front of the mat.


Ok, that's all the details. As you know, this was my last workshop today. I will now begin preparing for the Hostess Appreciation Event that's here on July 26th. So glad I found my mojo yesterday...I'm gonna need it to make some groovy things for that day. *wink*

Thanks again Brandy for being a hostess!

No comments: