Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paradise

Julie and Josh took a trip to Cancun this spring with his parents. I got a few prints of their wonderful stay there and made this colorful page. I had bought the background paper with these pictures in mind. When I look at these pictures, it reminds me of how happy Julie is with Josh and the love they have for each other. I pray that they have many happy years together. OH and by the way...Julie is my older niece. She's the one who made me Aunt Nanny in the first place....way back about 23 years ago! :)

Click for a closer look at the word Paradise. I used my Versamarker to color over the word Paradise, then used Iridescent Ice embossing powder to make it glittery like the other glittered accents on the page. I wanted that word to be my title, but needed a way to make it stand out more. I used part of my glitter mat stack under the photo, right under the olive ribbon and as a punch out for the yellow flower and yellow photo corners. The larger brads are the fun sugar-coated (aka glittery) ones to help tie in all the glitz.


When looking through my stash of goodies, I found this piece of white laser cut paper, the clear frames and the tan-colored strip with fun words. To tie in the tan color and add in the "color of sand and a beachy feel", I opted to stitch with linen thread on the clear frames. I was pleased with how it turned out. That idea was definitely Divine Intervention! Adding the clear frame over the main photo made the subjects stand out even more, plus added some dimension. You can also see where I added their names on the bottom of the frame using white rub-ons.

Here's a close-up of the bottom right corner of the page. I had another clear frame that I stitched onto the smaller photo. The image was simply printed in wallet size to get this smaller perspective. I love to print photos in different sizes. The layout yesterday had Brooke in a 5x7 and that had more impact than if I had just done a 4x6. Same idea here, just smaller. I added another rub-on along the photo. The vertical placement mimics the vertical tan word strip by the main photo. I didn't have any felt flowers in yellow so I balanced the use of that color by simply punching out my own flower from the glitter mat stack. If you scroll back up to the main photo showing the whole page, you can see my third use of rub-ons...the date, place details in the top right corner. I wanted to add the date and place without them being totally obvious. So, to balance the white laser cut paper and other white rub-ons, I added the date in white rub-ons also. Whew....that was a long explanation. Does that all make sense? LOL

Ahhhhhhh....isn't that water gorgeous? Now, let's have our own bit of fun. Go get your coconut bras and grass skirts...or your swim trunks and snorkels. Click HERE for a little festive tune.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: