Sunday, August 17, 2008

Celebrating Kevin

This is the final card from last weekend. Kinda odd how it all came together, but I remember quite readily. I was listening to a song called Blessed and Broken by Nicole C Mullen on her new CD. The jist of the song relates to the story of the fish and loaves....basically the grace and miracle of how God blesses us, holds us, breaks us and multiplies us....just as Jesus did the fish and loaves. I had just begun thinking of what card I wanted to make next. For some reason, numbers came to mind...that correlates in my mind with the word multiply. I thought of my Cuttlebug embossing folder I got recently that has numbers. Then all the details came together and this card was created. It's for Kevin's upcoming birthday. Yep, you guessed...he'll be 44. My prayer for him this year is that God will bless him, hold him, break him and multiply abundantly. :)

Cardstock: Kraft, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red Inks: Basic Black, Whisper White Stamp set: All in A Row (retired SU!) Accessories: sponge dauber, white Sharpie, Vinyl Thickers, Making Memories letter stickers, Stampin' Dimensionals, chipboard shapes, Cuttlebug, Basic Black marker


Odd fact: As I began adding the white dots on the black chipboard circle, I tried to keep them spaced evenly. Guess what?....there are 44 dots. A few of them got covered up when I added the white star. No kidding...it was NOT planned and yes, I was counting as I did them (a little OCD, anyone? LOL). Ohhh, I get happy little goose bumps over that one! :) I like to think those kind of goose bumps moments are just one way God shows me He's smiling over me! Those kind are way different than the ones you feel in winter from being cold. They're little God goose bumps.


Here he is...all decked out in his little plaid jacket and bow tie. I think he was about five years old. We have the jacket in our spare room closet. It's so very tiny! I'm so glad his mom found it and let us keep it here. In a few weeks, we'll celebrate his birthday for real and I'll give him his card.

Quick updates:

Wanda--Her bruises have oddly traveled down her face and to her neck. She's still only a bit sore. She said Saturday that she is just thankful to be alive. I agree wholeheartedly. She got new frames for her glasses so she's seeing much better, too. Now she is burdened with the news that her sister-in-law had emergency surgery Friday night and is on a respirator. I know Marge, too, and am praying for her. She's a peach just like Wanda.

Kristie--Her brain surgery went well. She was in intense pain Saturday, but had eaten a bit and was being given pain meds to help her rest. I look forward to the updates to come and to know what the next plan of action is for her doctors.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you each enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: