Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's a Girl Thing

When I got my new haircut in April, I was absolutely thrilled! I had gone to a new salon/stylist and decided to scrapbook my happy moment. Often, scrappers fail to do pages about themselves. I almost felt weird doing a page about me, but then I realized it's just as important to scrap my life's details as it is to scrap the details of those people I love. I chose the paper and embellishments from the My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie line. I really like that the papers and embellishments coordinate even when mixing within the C'est la Vie collections. The title is a rub-on and I also used some tranparencies, photo corner punch, border stickers, a journaling card and a die-cut clock. The time is set to 10:30 as that's what time my appt. was....I know, I know...totally corny! I am so into details. Just ask anyone who knows me well. All I can say is....a good haircut........It's a girl thing!
This is a closer look at the rub-on title and border sticker at the top. I inked the edges with brown ink to make them pop. I also added some gold brads for texture. Remember...click the pics for an even closer look. I had to photograph the top picture at a goofy angle due to the glare on the transparencies that are over each picture.

On a side note, I have a praise and a prayer request. A co-worker's son-in-law was released from the hospital today after an extensive surgery for stage IV cancer of the tonsils and lymph nodes. The surgery was only the beginning of this road to treatment and recovery. I am thrilled he can sleep in his own bed tonight and have a sweet reunion at home with his wife and three adorable kids!

The prayer request is for a dear lady name Kristie. I have talked about her before. She is in a clinical trial for metastatic breast cancer. The treatment is to shrink the lesions in her brain. Please pray for healing, financial stability and encouragement. Her husband drives over an hour one way to work each day and the gas prices are so high! She has four adorable children and has been battling this for quite a while.

When I learn of other people's struggles, it helps me to put my life into perspective and remember that God is in control of all things. As humans, we may not always understand, but God sees the ENTIRE picture and has it all in control for HIS purpose. I praise Him for what He has shown me in just these two situations alone!

No comments: