Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 18th Workshop Highlights

These are the projects from today's workshop. The card is made using the Poppin' Pastels technique. Later this week I will post step-by-step instructions on the technique. Stamps used: Nursery Letters Jumbo wheel, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Tagger's Dozen. The template for the little purse goody bag came straight from the demonstrator website. I easily downloaded the pattern and printed it right onto cardstock. Microbeads were adhered to the flower center using Crystal Effects. Stamps used: Doodle This

For the hostess gift, I created a fun refrigerator magnet frame set. I colored the chipboard using a sponge dauber and craft ink. The smaller pieces were covered with patterned paper and a small chipboard heart was added. I love the new Mono Multi glue for adhering the paper or the small chipboard accents. Remember to use a sanding block to finish your edges if you cover the chipboard with paper.
I used my craft knife and cutting mat to create the rectangle and heart magnet backings. The scalloped frame has some 1" circles of magnet sheet I punched out. It is best to use THIN magnet sheets or you may ruin your punches.

Thanks again to Jessica for being a hostess! You'll be invited to my Hostess Appreciation Event in July!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Stay tuned for the Poppin' Pastels tutorial later this week...

Don't forget....this month, when you purchase $35 in SU! products, you can then add any chipboard items to your order at 25% off! Contact me for more details or visit: www.stampinup.com .

No comments: