Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time 2 Mow

When we mowed for the first time this Spring, I took pictures. Isn't that what crazed scrappers do...take pics of everything? LOL I finished this layout late Tuesday night (I'm actually posting this at 12:42am!). Click for a closer look. I colored the brackets first with white craft ink, dried it with the heat tool then colored with Green Galore craft ink. The rest of the title is white chipboard letters, a paper-covered/inked 2 and 1/2" circles punched out of the polka-dot paper. I just added small white letter stickers for the word "mow". The other details are textured light green cardstock for photo mats, eyelets in each corner and the white chipboard piece with Macy (dad's helper) on it. I used my CM cutting system for the 6 1/2" circles of patterned paper.
Did you see the "white grass paper fringe". I just love my pack of Paper Frills by Doodlebug. I only bought them in white since I knew I could color them with ink to match any project. These were used right out of the package. I got mine at the LSS, but click HERE to see lots of fun colors. I just did a Google search for them and decided on this link. I've never ordered from them. I ruffled the paper frill to resemble real grass, as it's not super straight. :) I love texture!

Base cardstocks: Whisper White, Handsome Hunter
textured cardstock: Hobby Lobby
white fringe: Doodlebug Paper Frills
eyelets: Joann Fabrics
chipboard: misc. from my stash...not sure as it's all mixed together by category not brand
mini letter stickers: Michael's
white mini rub-on letters: Archivers
craft inks: Whisper White, Handsome Hunter, Green Galore

No comments: