Friday, May 23, 2008

Recycle/Reuse

My Papertrey Ink order came today! Inside each order, there is always an adorable thank you note from Nichole and the gals. I couldn't throw it out, so I simply used my craft knife to cut away their wording. What was left was an adorable frame with polka dots. I flipped it upside down and covered the words thank you with a new layered sentiment. I used my new Polka Dot Basics stamp set for the various dots on the card base. It is so fun to use their stamps as you get exact placement....they're clear! They are actually the nicest acrylic stamps I have ever used. The "dogwood" branch and sentiment are from the set called Out on a Limb.
Here is a close-up of the frame part. The pic is a bit dark, but at least you get the idea. The frame and sentiment are both on Stampin' Dimensionals, so there is some height to the whole focal piece of the card.

All supplies except stamps are from SU! Ink colors used: Blue Bayou, Versamark, Whisper White, Basic Black, True Thyme (retired).

What do you have that you can reuse or recycle in your crafting? If you create something, e-mail me and show me! Thanks for stopping by...

Kevin and I are going to the Columbus Zoo tomorrow, then I'm heading on a scrapbooking road trip Saturday. Hope everyone has a happy holiday weekend. The weather here is supposed to be in the 80s!!

No comments: