Saturday, May 24, 2008

Retail Therapy

Oh my! What a fun weekend it has been so far. Yesterday Kevin and I went to Columbus Zoo (pics on that later when I do the layouts) and had a blast! My favs were the gorillas and the Bonobo monkeys. Then, today mom, Connie and I hit Akron for some scrapbooking retail therapy. Just had to share all my bargains! Now, I have to organize it (love to organize!) and create some fun things to post on here! Hope everyone is having a fun long weekend. I don't go back to work until Wednesday and am leaving the "work" 'til the last minute. I have a gazillion (yes, I counted...LOL) weeds outside to tackle. I also have to plant my geraniums and fluff the mulch. I am so thankful for some fun and relaxing time off!!
Archivers (Fairlawn, OH)= discounted papers (cheapest sheet was only ELEVEN cents!), journaling jenie template, chipboard pieces, tiny rub-on letters, ribbons, Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad (hello, masculine cards!) and five sheets of free solid cardstock (to match BG papers) I did get some of the new Crate Paper for my zoo pages....however, double-sided was only 59 cents! Yeah! I got some hot bargains here!
B&B Scrapbooks (Powell, OH)= Bo Bunny polka dots paper and some sheer ribbon with swirls. I really, really wanted all 17 colors of paper, but limited it to a few as they were 90 cents a piece. Yikes! Plus, I knew I was going today to Akron and didn't want to break the bank. I found this store Friday because they had an ad in the Columbus Zoo map. My hubby was nice enough to indulge me! We did find a hobby model shop for him, too, so it was less painful for him. LOL After that, we enjoyed a nice dinner at Olive Garden with Julie and Josh.
Pat Catans (Akron, OH)= alterables for $1 or less, blending stumps, paper cutter blades, eraser, Thickers (my other brown felt pack is m.i.a.), stamp sets for only $2.50 or $1 each...whoa! And, the papers shown in the photo below....The bottom ones are from American Crafts and are so luscious in person. This pic does NOT do it justice. I'll just have to create something with it and post it on the blog someday.

Joann's (Fairlawn, OH)= 50% off all plastic storage...can't get enough!!! Love these snapware containers and had to have more. The 8x8 is by Iris. I got all three for only $2 more than the larger snapware is at regular price. Yeah!

See, it may look like a lot of money, but the sales were fantabulous so it wasn't!!!!!! Ok,now I gotta go wipe the drool off my chin. LOL Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: