Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Graduate

On February 1, 2006 Kevin called me at work. They had just announced that his plant would be closing. My world crumbled below me for a moment. Although I knew God had it all under control, I lost control emotionally. For the next 10 months, I put on my "cheerleader" face and like a good wife, tried to reassure myself and my husband that it would all be ok. I tried everything in my power to take a load off him in every way I knew how. Little did I know that once his job ended on December 29,2006 I would hit an emotional brick wall. Over the last 2 years I have dealt with depression, anxiety, fear, hopelessness, helplessness and ultimately triumph. God has shown us that He never leaves our side, our lives, our hearts. Never. We have stayed warm, clothed and fed. We have been able to pay our bills (sometimes with help from family) and we finally have money in our savings again. It has been quite a struggle and at times it almost seemed easier to want to give up. He has more grey hair and the lines around my eyes have deepened. Stress has aged us inside and out. We aren't alone. Too many families in America are dealing with the same fears and hopelessness. I am so proud that Kevin went back to school and is finally a graduate. He has a new purpose, a new path and an overwhelming triumph to this painful journey. All thanks to God! Here's my little bit of "proud wife moment" below:
Kevin took a course in Maintenance for Manufacturing. He learned many new things, but also expanded what he already knew. He helped build part of this engine, which is something he is a "natural" in. He is mechanically gifted and sure loves getting greasy. Eight of us joined him in celebrating his accomplishment. I think he felt very loved with all of us there. He is still talking about it. The four people on the left are my dad, grandma, mom and uncle. In the back is his sister and brother-in-law and his mom is on the far right.
Accepting his certificate! His instructors were Bob (at the podium) and Paul (far right).
The graduate and his honey....


I'll get back to stamping related info soon, but the main part of my life is family so I had to share. Thanks for celebrating this moment with us by reading this far...

Please keep us in your prayers as he starts his job hunt. We're ready to exhale a bit now. Our journey continues...

Until next time.....stay tuned for the promised Poppin' Pastels tutorial.

No comments: