Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Rehearsal

On Thursday night, I drove down for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Although I was not in the actual wedding, pretty much any friends and family involved with the wedding planning or ceremony were invited for dinner. How nice! There go the guys towards the arch. This setting is just magnificent. It overlooks the gorgeous manicured golf course at the Pinnacle Golf Club in Grove City, OH.
Julie and Don waiting to walk down the aisle. Her bridesmaids made her a traditional bouquet of ribbons and bows from her shower gifts. The people in the foreground are Julie's next door neighbors Amy, Morgan and Jake. Morgan was flower girl. Jack was ring bearer.
Julie's photographer is a woman after my own heart. She is truly an artist. Her photography is a magnificent gift from God. The moments she captured while doing their engagement photos were superb and priceless. I love pictures. It doesn't matter who is in the picture, but when someone captures those you love in the way that Kristen can....wow! I will be in awe once the wedding photos are ready. At that time, I'll give you a link to see them online since they are copyright protected and can't be copied to my blog. I love this one of her "working". She is such a sweetheart.
Practice makes perfect. It makes my heart full to see them so happy and to see the spark in Julie's eye that I know comes from her love for Josh.
After rehearsal, we drove downtown Columbus to eat dinner in the social room of the Miranova. Josh's godfather lives there and was able to reserve the location for Josh's parents who hosted the dinner. It is the building with the sloped roof. I took this picture while Rhonda drove. The catered meal was wonderful and Josh's mom and sister had decorated everything so nicely. After dinner, we all gathered in the billiard room to watch the slide show that was also shown at the wedding.
Julie welcomed everyone for coming and let us all know that our presence and involvement for their wedding meant a lot. She and Josh had handwritten thank you cards and gifts for everyone. How sweet! (You'll have to excuse all the red eyes. I haven't yet edited my photos and just wanted to get some posted quickly.)
Josh had a little surprise for Julie in this BIG box. She rooted and rooted until she got to the blue boxes in the bottom.
Josh gave her pearl earrings and a necklace for her wedding day. She told me later that she had casually mentioned she'd love pearls for her wedding day. I told her that he obviously listened well! :) She isn't one to cry much, but this about got her!
How beautiful! They did indeed look stunning with her wedding dress. Check back for wedding pics and details later or tomorrow! We are all recovering from little sleep and lots of work these past few days. My sweet Julie is SO worth every minute! :) They are on their flight right now for Paris! Wow!

No comments: