Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blessings

I decided to take some time to "play" Friday night and was happy with my final creation. This was after several failed attempts at being creative. :) I'm so happy when God gives me ideas and things turn out. He is my real mojo. :)
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss.
Inks: Fresh Snow, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss.
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, and a retired word set (sorry, forgot the name)
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, linen thread, white gel pen
To make the leaves, I simply stamped the flower again on Kiwi Kiss cardstock, using Kiwi Kiss ink and cut out a few petals. I had to get clever. Perhaps part of my doing this was the fact that Jack's nose was on my foot and I couldn't easily get up and browse for a stamp of a leaf. LOL! I just let him sleep so Momma could keep stampin'!!! :) He loves his Momma and wants to be right by her. He's so sweet.
I didn't want to add bling or metal or real beads, so I kept the earthy look of the card going by making some paper beads. I cut a small strip of cardstock, then ran the strip through my fingers and over the edge of my fingernail to break down the fibers. I then carefully peeled the two paper layers apart. When I rolled the strip up, I made sure the "rough" side showed. I added a dot of glue to the end that will be hidden first and continued to wrap it tightly around the metal stem of my stylus tool. It is skinny enough that your bead can still be threaded onto the linen thread later. I then added a final dab of glue to the outside end to finish the bead. I threaded it onto the linen thread and tied about 3 knots to keep the bead on the thread. Make sure you cut your linen thread long enough. You can always trim the ends when you're done with the knots. I hope all that makes sense. :)
So, what are some blessings in your life this past week? I will soon be making a project to use for one purpose only....praising God for my blessings. I want to create a notebook or journal to write down memories, blessings, thoughts, etc. It will be written in a way that I am giving thanks for all He has done in my life. I think of little things each day and now I want to record them. I think it will be a sweet thing to do each day so that I really stay focused on who gives me just what I need daily. For Mother's Day and Father's Day I did projects that reminded each parent of some memories I had of them, and let them know what a blessing they are to me. Why not do that for my Heavenly Father, too? Stay tuned...
Today we're going to the Y, then we have a wedding to attend. The sun is shining and the birds are singing, so I hope the weather stays as is. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: