Thursday, June 25, 2009

Every Day is a Gift

I try to count my blessings each day. Whether it's as simple as the sun shining or a good parking spot, it's the little things in life that make it wonderful. Kind of like the few moments I stole Wednesday evening while the boys chewed their rawhides. I was able to watercolor this image and create a simple card that made me smile. That was after an already wonderful day that ended with ice cream in the park with Wanda and meeting my neighbor Sandy's new puppy. OH my! I'll have to take some pics of that adorable little face! She's part beagle, part chihuahua. Her name is Poppy.
I used the slit punch on each end of the red cardstock, slipped the edges of my stamped piece underneath and secured it with an eyelet. Cardstock: River Rock, Riding Hood Red, watercolor. Inks: Timber Brown Staz-on, Bashful Blue, Summer Sun, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, River Rock. Accessories: linen thread, eyelets, slit punch, dimensionals, aqua painter. Stamps: Garden Pleasures (SU!), Out on a Limb (Papertrey Ink)
I love this sweet moment of peace while the boys watched out the front bedroom window. This is Jack's fav spot and I love when Riley joins him for some "spy time". Aren't they precious! They are such a gift in my life. :)

No comments: