Monday, June 15, 2009

Echoes of Kindness

I made this card for a friend who has some health problems. It's in the mail on its way to make her smile. I didn't add a sentiment for two reasons....the button was already added and I just couldn't pick a place to put any words or even decide which words I liked. So, it is what it is and I hope she likes it. I used patterned paper scraps, Kraft and Very Vanilla. I stamped the image from Echoes of Kindness (<----see gallery of cards made using this set by clicking on the word)using Basic Brown ink, colored the flowers with markers, added some white accents with my Galaxy marker and topped it off with touches of glittery Stickles. I used my Fiskars pinking scissors for the bottom edge, inked the edges of the patterned pieces and sewed on a button using linen thread. Even though I took the pic in good daylight, it was still prettier in person.
I used the 1" circle punch to notch out a space for the button to rest. I liked the yellow-toned pearly button and linen thread with the Kraft cardstock.
Ok, winding down for the night. Load of laundry is in the dryer. The wrist is still ok, just a bit numb. We'll see how it does overnight, when it's usually dead numb. LOL!

No comments: