Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thanks Miss Nancy

A former customer of mine made these adorable placemats for the boys. The boys needed to send a thank you card so Momma (me!) made one tonight for them. LOL! I'm telling you....I met some of the NICEST people when I was a SU! demonstrator!
I took these pics quick so the color is off in this one. I used a piece of textured Chocolate Chip that measures 4 1/4" x 12" and is scored at 3 1/2" from one end and 3" from the opposite end. This creates a tri-fold that overlaps slightly. The patterned paper creates a band to hold the card closed and the focal piece is adhered right to the band. I added some paper piercing for detail.
I punched the paw from patterned paper and layered onto Kraft cardstock and a burgundy piece from my scraps. The patterned band is from the same paper collection and coordinates. It is filled with words about dogs. I had used this paper on a page about Jack recently (Man's Best Friend). I also used a scrap piece that I had run through the paper cutter using the zig zag blade. I figured that would make a nice edge piece. I love to utilize scraps!! Makes my Momma proud! :)
Once the band is removed, the recipient can read the inside of the card. See the boys' message to Miss Nancy in the next picture. :)
And just a little funny....On Wednesday I cleaned and did laundry all afternoon. By evening, the boys had had no nap and were tired. I carried up the basket for Kevin to fold his socks. First, I sat down, got warm under the blanket and used the basket as a foot rest. Riley found a snuggly spot on my lap. This is how he likes to sleep at night....right on me! LOL! Kevin sneaked to get the camera and took this picture. Riley is so funny!
It must have been "snuggle with Momma" night as Jack ended up on my lap later. He has "super long granddaddy longlegs" legs! I picked up the camera, held out my arm and took this one. I strategically cropped myself as it was NOT pretty. LOL!
Check back tomorrow for a shabby chic sympathy card...Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: