Thursday, February 19, 2009

Riley the Stamper

Hi, I'm Riley. I helped Momma stamp a card for Dr. Lahmon. We wanted to send a card of appreciation for the wonderful care I got during and after my surgery on Tuesday.
Momma cut the cardstock and got all the supplies out. Then, I put my touch on it by licking the card. (Thank goodness it dried ok and didn't smear the paws Momma already stamped. LOL!) I'm a good helper!
Momma chose the yummy dark chocolate cardstock from Archivers, burgundy textured cardstock from DCWV she got at Joann Fabrics and some striped paper that matched.
Momma got these fun tickets from the local scrapbook store and used one to make the tag for the sentiment. She stamped a bone with Versamark, then stamped the words "many thanks".
Momma has this stamp that looks like me. I'm cute, huh? She used her AquaPainter to color this pooch to look like my brindle fur. Then, she got her punches out, inked the edges and added some linen thread to the card. By the time she did this, I was having a nap. LOL!
The front of the card is a bit shorter so that the striped paper shows. When you open the card, Momma put in a white piece to write a note to the doc on. I like those little paws. I have little paws, too. They help me run and pounce on Jack. I also like to use my paws to step on Momma in the morning, lick her face and tell her it's time for breakfast! I like to eat at 5am. :)
Man, stamping makes me tired! I had my pain medicine and it made me super sleepy after a while. *snore* My brother Jack kept sniffing me and I just wanted to rest.
Jack is ornery. Yep, Momma tells me all about it. When I was napping, he got in Momma's stuff on the floor and put this business card in his mouth. Momma caught him and tried not to die laughing and wake me up. She took his picture since he's so silly!
Thanks for checking out what I made. Momma said she might stamp again soon.

No comments: