Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Olivia

Kevin's co-worker and his wife are due to welcome their first baby in March. Her name will be Olivia. Erin was always told she couldn't have children so they are super excited and blessed. I made this card to give them once she is born.
The baby carriage was cut out using the Cricut cartridge Stretch Your Imagination. I used Kraft, Whisper White and Pretty In Pink cardstocks. The Kraft oval was cut out using the Coluzzle, then run through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The Pretty In Pink scalloped oval was punched out with my Marvy punch. I liked how the two ovals layered nicely with the pink one peeking out a bit. I inked the Kraft oval using Whisper White craft ink.
The final details on the front were the Martha Stewart glitter on the heart, some buttons, some sticky bling stones and the flower border from Doodlebug Designs. The patterned paper is a new line from Pink Paislee that I got at my local scrapbook store. I loved the soft tones of pink and blue paired with the brown.
I've seen a lot of buzz online lately about decorating the inside of cards. I tried it for the first time with this card. I added some more patterned paper, a flower from the Doodlebug flower strip, a bling stone and a stamped sentiment. The words truly do fit this family as Olivia is their dream come true! How sweet! I can't wait to meet her!
Hope each of you has a wonderful week! I'll be back as soon as I can. I will be planning/packing for my scrapbook getaway for the next 2 weeks or so and will try to post something before I leave. Of course, the pups are always up to something so it may just be dog antics that I share. Riley will be gone overnight Tuesday as he gets his neuter/hernia surgeries that day. I will be busy with him Wednesday as he recovers. I sure will miss the little guy Tuesday night!

No comments: