Friday, February 6, 2009

Shabby Chic Sympathy

I made this card for our transcriptionist at the office. She lost someone dear to her a few weeks ago. Cardstock colors: Blush Blossom, Kraft, Groovy Guava Stamps: Papertrey Ink
I ran the Kraft cardstock through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder, then inked it by lightly rubbing my brown cats eye pad over the surface to enhance the pattern. I added some crocheted ribbon and layered/inked flowers with a button and linen thread detail. I didn't intend for the sentiment to be stamped unevenly, but once I inked the embossed piece I just left it that way to kind of match the "old" look. Oh well, happy accident...I guess. :)
My goal this weekend is to prepare my tax info so I can take it all to Kristie. She is the one battling breast cancer that has spread to her brain. She is still going strong in ways thanks to God's plan for her life right now. She is due to have surgery again next Friday on two new lesions in her brain. I am so grateful she is able to prepare our taxes again this year. All proceeds help pay her four kids' tuition to the local Christian school. If you would, please keep Kristie in your prayers. She is such a sweet lady!

No comments: