Monday, February 23, 2009

Sweet Faces

Yep, I did another page about these adorable pups. I guess I tend to scrapbook what is current and "right now" in life. I certainly don't take as many pictures of Kevin as I do our dogs. LOL! I had started this page at Connie's and found it on my craft table Saturday. It just needed journaling, so I kept it simple and got the page done. You can adapt this layout to fit anything in life you personally think is sweet. Just imagine it without the dog faces and add your loved ones' pictures instead. I sometimes forget to look at layout ideas that way. I look at it too literally, instead of thinking how I can adapt it for my own pictures.
The word "sweet" and the hearts were cut out on the Cricut (Graphically Speaking cartridge). I used patterned scraps for both. I also added some dark chocolate cardstock from Archivers, some inked edges and that cute little bone charm tied on with linen thread. I also drew my own line around the page edge to create a simple line border. I ended it just short of the title bar so that the title stood out more. A few brads on the corners, some photos, journaling and two more smaller hearts finished it off.
I adhered each heart with foam squares for added dimension.
The journaling says: "How can you resist such sweet faces as these? It's impossible! I don't even try anymore. LOL!" If you click on this picture for a closer look, you'll also notice that I stamped the word "sweet" randomly on the entire background with Versamark ink. I wanted the words to be seen, but not stand out more than the focal points of the page. So, there you have it...a simple page idea that uses scraps and few other items. :)
Speaking of sweet faces....look at this adorable Eskie face. I was taking some pics of Jack and I Sunday after he and Riley had been running like crazy around the house. Since he was panting, I got a great shot of his pink tongue! He's so goofy! So is his Momma. LOL!

No comments: