Saturday, July 19, 2008

Women of Faith

This weekend I attended the Women of Faith conference in Cleveland with my mom, sister and five co-workers. We laughed, cried, danced, listened, praised, and were ultimately reminded that the love of Jesus will carry us through whatever happens. As women, we take on such a load. I know for one I often feel overwhelmed by either what life hands me or what burdens I carry deep inside. I often forget to let go and let God. I have such a love for life, yet I rarely if ever love myself. Instead, I layer myself with guilt, shame, despair and fear. It was a refreshing reminder to take His hand each day and let Him do what needs done...even if I don't like it. I don't really have much more to say except that it meant a lot to me to "be still" for a few days and let Him remind me who is in control. Every aspect of the Women of Faith conference was such a blessing. I got two of Nicole C Mullen's CDs and this is one amazing song by her. Just click HERE and choose the first song Redeemer to listen to some wonderful words of hope.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll post when I can catch a second during this coming week. I am going to have a full house Saturday and have lots to do! :)

No comments: