Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Brooke's Card

Here's another creation from Sunday night stamping. *click for a closer peek*

This card is 4"x12" and is scored at 2 1/2" and 8". I used the 3 1/6" corner rounder to create the scalloped edge. I used the stamp set Time Well Spent (Level 3 hostess set in Spring/Summer catalog) that was FREE to all demos from Stampin' Up! How generous are they?!!! The sentiment is from a retired set. Sorry, it's downstairs and I don't know the name. Colors are Gable Green, Pumpkin Pie and Brilliant Blue. I was inspired by a color combo I saw in one of my magazines. Details: I stamped the tiny flower in Gable Green ink. I then used my Versamarker to "darken" a part of each flower. The Versamarker is so neat because it gives a tone-on-tone look with so little effort. I then dotted each center with my white gel pen. Love that thing, too! I created a "pattern" on the Brilliant Blue strip by randomly stamping the medium size flower over and over. Sometimes I like to use my stamps as "tools". This card will go to my niece Brooke later this month. I simply took a previous sketch and turned it around for this look. Once I know all my hostesses have received their invitations I'll post that picture and you can see a different way to use this sketch.

I had a nice, relaxing Monday night. I had time to do whatever I wanted. I managed to watch tv (which I never do), sit outside in my jammies and read the paper (time with Kevin and Macy), watch the birds, water my plants/flowers outside (I even saw a dragonfly on my hostas...its little wings so beautiful and delicate) and there isn't a dirty dish in the sink. Ahhh....I like this easy week! Unfortunately, Tammy can't come to crop Saturday, but I think mom and I will still meet here. We cherish that time together.

Oh, my parents celebrated their 45th Anniversary on Sunday. I can't post the pic of their card just yet. I mailed it and they should get it Tuesday (yes, I confess...it's late). I know they visit my blog and don't want to spoil it. I am so blessed that they are still happily married after all these years! Wow! I think part of what keeps them going is acting like kids or teasing each other. Hmmm...wonder where I get it? LOL

No comments: