Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Invitation


Here's the invitation each of my hostesses received. I am really excited for them to arrive and be uber spoiled on July 26th! I have some neat surprises planned as well as two fun projects. Hmm...oh, and there's food, too! The card was totally inspired by one of the samples in the Occasions Mini which ended June 30th. I kept going back to that sample and decided to sit down and try to recreate my own version, measurements, etc. I love a card that opens in a different way than just 1/2 sheet folded in half, blah blah blah... LOL I did want it to fit in a standard A-2 envelope so I put my math skills to work. You can get THREE cards from one sheet of 12"x12" cardstock and they fit in the standard envelopes! Yeah! Rock 'n roll, baby!

Colors= whisper white, certainly celery, ballet blue
Stamps= Always, Think Happy Thoughts, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock= 4" x 12", scored at 3" & 8"
Belly Band= 1" x 12", lay under card and gently fold up and around to front, then adhere ends...so much easier than scoring it and it not being just right...I know from experience!
Accessories= scallop circle punch, corner rounder punch (remove guide), 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, brad, paper piercing tool/mat


It's 11:45pm Monday as I type this. I have mulch brain right now. Yes, I am an idiot. I decided to pull weeds, sprinkle Preen (whew, that stuff reeks!) and spread mulch at about 8:30pm tonight. I figured since it cooled down this evening and all I had going on was towels in the dryer, then why not!?!? I have about had it with mulch and weeds. It takes forever and yes, being the anal retentive gal I am...I have to get root and all! I can't just tear them off and later watch them sprout again! Nope....gotta use the elbow grease and get the whole sha-bang outta the dirt. As the darkness grew, I looked over and saw Macy laying on the concrete patio half asleep. Poor dog just wanted momma to go in and "lax" (relax). She got her wish about 9:50pm when I finally came inside. Yes, I did stand back and admire my work...what I could see in the dark. I love everything neat and orderly so it was right up my alley! Only one more spot to pull and one corner to mulch. With my schedule these days, I should get it done by October! LOL Since I did some manual labor (aka exercise?), I was sure to reward myself with ice cream and a Papertrey Ink release party! What a hoot!

No comments: