Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hostess Appreciation Event Highlights


It touched my heart when Valerie arrived with this bouquet picked right from her own yard! I have them in this vase we received at our wedding and they are by my large kitchen window. I just smile each time I see them. :)

I was inspired to use a new folding technique for one of the make 'n takes. This is called a spring card. I changed the paper size to 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" so it would fit into a regular A-2 envelope. You can see the original idea that inspired me and step-by-step details HERE on Splitcoaststampers using other measurements.


This is a view of the back of the card. It folds flat, then when it is taken out of the envelope, it "springs" up. (The lighting is different on both pics of the card, so ignore that.) I used Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, Barely Banana and Whisper White cardstocks. The stamp set is Polka Dots & Paisley. I love this saying. I often find joy in the goofy little things of life, so it seemed oh-so appropriate to use for my last stamping event.


The other make 'n take was this medium-sized canvas bag. Just use the "no sew" Heat 'n Bond tape to iron on the ribbon and add a few layered felt flowers with gold brads. (the paper piercer is great for creating the hole for your brads since the canvas is woven) The pumpkin ribbon adds just a little girly detail on the handle. The funny thing is that my upline and I were both inspired by the same project that was in one of our demo publications. When I attended her brunch, I was tickled when I saw a stack of canvas bags on her table. I knew we had both thought of the same idea and we just laughed. Hers were a bit different as she added some stamping and sewn-on buttons. I kept my design simpler and used the wider grosgrain ribbon. We just said "hey, great stamping minds think alike." I wish I could personally thank the SU! demonstrator who came up with the original idea so she'd know that she inspired two different demos who hadn't even shared their hostess event plans with each other. Kinda neat, huh?! This size bag is perfect for a purse, a lunch tote or a Bible tote. I took mine to church with me this morning. It was perfect to put my Bible, water bottle and offering envelope in.

Here are the honored guests: L to R (front row): Connie, Chris, Wendy, Melissa. L to R (back row): Brandy, Valerie, Joan, Chris, Wendi. Thanks to each of these ladies for being a hostess and for the blessing your friendship gives me!

Recognition Awards went to Melissa for Highest Workshop Sales and to Connie for Multiple Workshops. I gave Melissa the Just B stamp set and a Crimper. I gave Connie the Sprinkles stamp set and the Photo Corner Punch. I had sent a sneaky little e-mail to just those two for some "investigating". They were to respond with their fav stamp set and fav accessory. Bingo...that's what I needed to know so I could surprise them! hee hee

Door prizes were all items I pre-ordered from the Fall-Winter Idea Book & Catalog. Valerie won the Bella Rose paper pack and white organdy ribbon. Melissa won the other two (honestly, she was the first ticket I picked from each bag!)...the new scallop edge punch and the hostess set Serene Spring. I just told Melissa that God knew she needed to be super spoiled at my event. You see, she just lost her father-in-law days earlier and it was so appropriate that she received a little extra special winning surprise. It was great to see her smile!

Well, all that's left is the food! Guests enjoyed Sausage/Egg Casserole, Crock Pot French Toast, fresh fruits, juices and water. Since this post has gotten so long, I'll share the two recipes with more details later this week. Thanks for stopping by...remember that you can scroll back up and click any pic for a closer look.

No comments: