Sunday, July 13, 2008

Upline's Brunch Highlights

My upline Wendy graciously invites her dowline group to her Hostess Appreciation Brunch. We can partake of her awesome food and projects and she has a gift for those of us who attend. Her hostesses earn tickets towards door prizes and also receive recognition for high workshop sales, multiple workshops, etc. Fortunately, I have been able to attend the past several years. She had such a fun morning for all fifteen of us who could attend.

Here are the cards I received in the card swap at the brunch. *click for a closer look* The first card in the second row was Wendy's. She used the Fresh Cut Notes that will be in the upcoming catalog. The card next to that was one of our make n takes. We were all in a circle and I don't quite know whose is which for the remainder of the swaps.

As her downline, I was surprised with one of the new Decor Elements items. It is the smaller chocolate word "happiness". I didn't preorder any of them so it was nice to see it in person. Each item comes in a sturdy cardboard tube, similar to those used for mailing. Since they are kraft color, it can easily be altered, decorated and reused. I love to alter the unexpected item in my house! This tube will be no exception. LOL

Mom came over Saturday for some scrapping fun. We got pizza and she left about 10:30pm. I worked on some fun details of my own Hostess Appreciation Event and am getting excited for that to take place on the 26th. I want each hostess to go home super happy and feeling spoiled. My lips are sealed on any further details.... :)

We attended church this morning, then did the dreaded (but quick) Wal-Mart run. Kevin helped Dad get a door at Home Depot for my grandma while I mowed the front yard. It is really sunny and breezy here today and only about 77 degrees. While Kevin and Macy sit outside enjoying the blessed weather, I am heading down to work on more hostess event details and do some laundry. You know, a woman's work is NEVER done! Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: