Friday, April 3, 2009

QVC Kit Layout

My mom's birthday is Saturday. A while ago, I bought THIS kit from QVC (sorry, it's currently unavailable). It contains several layouts with pre-cut elements. You simply follow the layout instructions, then add photos. I have been putting them together recently in order to give them to her on her birthday. They are all designed by Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame members. I really like this one and think it will make a cute family get-together page. Perhaps with pics from her birthday cookout! :) If I get a chance to take pics of the other layouts or at least my favs, I'll post them. I have a busy Saturday, but I'll try.
Here are a few close-ups of some of the details. I inked the edges of the papers to add my "touch" a bit. Some layouts were fine without adding any inking, but some just called out to be "upgraded" with ink. :)
The only problem I found with the kit was that a few of the tags were printed off-center (like the journaling circle on this layout). Other than that, you certainly can't beat the value of having this many layouts for about $1 per page. Plus, all the "designing" is done for you. If you get one (when they are available again), let me know your thoughts. Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: