Saturday, April 4, 2009

Celebrating Mom and Josh

First off, I want to show you the last two QVC layouts in the kit I gave Mom for her birthday, then scroll down to see her card, some pics about the birthday cookout and lastly Riley and Tucker.

Bummer this pic is blurry, but at least you can see the layout. The solid cardstock is from SU!, the patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby, the stamp is Papertrey Ink, the Mom is cut out using the Cricut Storybook cartridge and the scallop punch is from Fiskars.
Here's a close up of the greeting. The felt flower is from SU!, too.
I stamped this sentiment inside. It is from a retired SU! set that I just love. I think it's called Birthday Greetings.
Josh's b-day was April 1st, but we decided to celebrate both his and mom's b-day today. Mom got these cute letter candles, so we had a separate cupcake just for him to blow out. Cute!
My sweet nephew-to-be and my dear Mom. Two people certainly worth celebrating!!!
The local bakery has these neat donut cakes now. It's a huge donut with that luscious Hawkins icing (local to our town). Yum! You have to eat the icing to know what I mean! Yum!
After the meal, Kevin and I went home to get Jack and Riley. Although I don't have any pics of Jack from today he was there. He and the little brothers had a great time running and playing. I had Julie hold the "real brothers" Riley and Tucker for some size comparisons. Last we knew Riley was 6.5 pounds and Tucker was 4.3 pounds. Tucker will always be a bit smaller and Riley's hair is so much lighter! Tucker is a "black and tan" and Riley is a "brindle". Too Cute!
Julie held them like sacks of potatoes as that was the only way we could get them to stay still long enough. On the floor, they were non-stop movement and playing. LOL!
This one is just too sweet for words. I love Riley's little "curly fry" hair and Tucker's dark coat and shorter legs. They are just adorable.

No comments: