Saturday, April 25, 2009

Julie's Bridal Shower

Julie's bridal shower was held today at my parents' house. The bridesmaids came up with some adorable ideas. The invitations are by Vera Bradley and matched the wedding colors of black, white and fuschia. Click the pic to read the wording about the "around the clock" theme. Along with the colors, the tables were decorated with Eiffel Towers since Julie and Josh will honeymoon in France and Italy. Wow! Everyone was asked to wear black and white and the bride-to-be wore fuschia.
The last part of the shower was when Julie opened her gifts. She did them "around the clock" at times of 8am, noon, 5pm, 6pm and 11pm. It was fun to see what everyone got her.
Her friend Megan sneaked in one piece of lingerie in the mix of gifts. Julie just laughed, smiled and went on to the next gift. LOL! She did say "Thanks for the padding." since the cups were padded. :) Julie is so funny...she just goes with the flow.
Not the best picture with her mouth full of food, but here you can see her Eiffel Tower earrings and the matching linens on the table. The variety of brunch foods were all so delicious. Mom even had fresh mint leaves for the iced tea and fresh lemon slices for the ice water. I don't think any small detail was overlooked. It was such a nice event.
The mother of the bride, Rhonda. If you click her picture, you can see the nametags. I stamped the one flower from Fifth Avenue Floral set using Basic Black and Pink Passion inks to match the wedding colors. It is an easy way to make a simple mailing label match any event.
My sweet mom Stephanie, the grandmother of the bride. She and Daddy opened their home to about 30 guests and everything turned out so nicely due to their loving hard work.
Julie and her sister Brooke, the maid of honor. It was rather windy today, but the weather was just gorgeous and about 80 degrees. Now, since Julie's wedding is outside in June we hope for weather like this on that day!
I had 6pm as my time for the gift I gave Julie. I was sort of stumped on what to get since we already bought the wedding gift. I literally bought her gift Friday night. My co-worker gave me a cute idea to make a sundae basket filled with goodies and toppings. All Julie and Josh have to do is buy the ice cream. I made a quick and easy gift card holder for the Olive Garden gift card inside. I thought it would be cute to give them a night out for dinner plus dessert at home afterwards. Believe it or not, I got everything I needed (including the Olive Garden card) at our local Wal-mart. I don't like going there much, but it sure saved the day this time!
I simply scored and folded a piece of black cardstock. I added a velcro circle under the flap so she could open it easily. I used markers in matching colors for the stamped sentiment. The shape was cut out on the Cricut. I added a strip of ribbon and punched a hole to thread the curly ribbon through. I didn't even have to adhere the card to the package since the curly ribbon held it on.
I added a fun poem about my gift that made her smile. I know how that 6pm time can be when you wonder what on Earth you'll make for supper so this will help her on one of those nights.
Rhonda made these yummy cupcakes with matching sprinkles. This is just one of the yummy foods from today.

Since the weather was so nice we were able to get a group picture outside. It was so nice being with others who love Julie and have been a special part of her life. She is such a nice friend to everyone so I am not surprised at the love and support she received today.
Mom and Rhonda made two collage frames with pictures of Julie and Josh through the years. I remember the side ponytail, the Esprit outfits and the junior high hairdo! LOL!
Josh was just as cute growing up. It was neat that his mom was able to provide all these memories, too.
Each guest took home two favors. Mom made some yummy chocolate covered pretzels with matching sprinkles. Rhonda and I made the "grateful" favors.
The card was attached to the adorable heart-shaped cookie cutter set and inside was a recipe for friendship. Click the pic to read it. Cute! The black cardstock was run through the Cuttlebug for the raised dots and we used one stamp and some punches for the sentiment on the front.
Each guest was given the opportunity to write a thought/piece of advice on a piece of cardstock that had been cut out on the Cricut. I also took a picture of each guest. In an 8x8 keepsake album about today's shower, Julie will have a picture and thought from each lady. I plan to develop pictures and assemble the album soon.
Well, that's a wrap! What a nice bridal shower for an even nicer young lady...my dear niece Julie!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: