Monday, April 13, 2009

Celebrating Lauren

I made this card Saturday to mail to my friend's daughter Lauren. She is turning 7 later this week. The sad thing is that I have only seen her once in person...when she was five weeks old. It has been TOO long since I've traveled south. Boo hoo! How my heart yearns to be in the midst of those luscious southern accents again. *sigh* It's music to my ears.
I rarely remember the patterned paper I use, so I decided to take a pic of some of my supplies for easy reference. The papers are from American Crafts Everyday line. The card base is a melon color on the front and a funky stripe inside. Kinda makes for a fun, funky card.
I used this retired set So Many Scallops for the front of the card. I colored the image with Stampin' Up! markers in colors that would match the patterned paper (Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Apricot Appeal). I punched the center of the image using a 1 1/4" circle punch, then layered it on more punched pieces from the American Crafts double-sided papers. I used my Versamarker to color only the Happy Birthday words and stamped those repeatedly on the melon strip of cardstock. I inked my edges with my trusty 'ol Chestnut Roan cat's eye pad. I finished it off with a piece of the striped paper that was punched with my Fiskars Threading Water punch and some happy white polka-dot ribbon.
This is another retired set called Birthday Greetings. I used my Chocolate Chip marker to ink the last half of the greeting stamp for the inside.
The card is on its way to Tennessee already. Glad you stopped by today. Ya'll come back now, ya hear! :)

No comments: