Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Celebrating Amy

My friend Amy was born in 1969. She turns 40 this weekend and I made her a card with a very "circa 1969" color combo (Summer Sun and Really Rust). Kinda barfy? LOL! Hey, back then it was so stylin' and I just wanted to make her smile. :)
The double-sided patterned paper is from October Afternoon (Weathervane line, New Pencils pattern). I used that along with solid cardstocks from SU!, some punches and a big yellow flower. The stamps are from Papertrey Ink and SU!. I punched 1/8" holes in the corners and along each scallop. The edges were inked with my sponge dauber and Really Rust ink. Lastly, I added some Really Rust dots around the card front.
I decorated the inside of the card, too. After adhering the rust-colored piece, I realized I had nowhere to really sign our names. So, I added the Very Vanilla strip as a last resort. :) This card isn't a masterpiece. Heck, it's really not even pretty. But, if it makes her smile....so worth it!
*(said in adorable puppy voice)* Hi, I'm momma's little stinkerbiscuit. I like to whine to get on her lap, then I sit on the desk for a big boy view of the room. I like to be her blog helper. I know you already know my real name is Riley. I am so stinkin' cute I know you don't forget me. Plus, my momma likes to talk about me all the time. I am a sweet boy. I like to bite Jack, though. hee hee Bye! Time to find my brother and fight!
Even a simple task like reading the daily newspaper in my jammies and slippers turns into a "lap hog dogfest". Jack gets jealous if I hold Riley so he just jumps on my lap or wherever to get his love and attention. These boys crack me up!! Can you even see Riley? He's the little beady-eyed caramel blondie behind the big white boy. You can see his dark tail under Jack's belly. I told Kevin to get the camera to capture this silly moment. Oh and yes...I finally did get the newspaper read....barely. LOL!

1 comment:

Amy Snodgrass said...

I love my 1969 birthday card!! Thank you for taking the time to make it. It and YOU are appreciated!!! :)

Amy