Monday, April 20, 2009

Bath Time

I got some more pictures developed recently, so decided to do this page about the drowned rat named Jack. LOL! He looks more like a wet weasel!
The patterned paper is from Crate Paper (Kaitlin collection, Bubbly pattern) and I chose it for the color that matches the bathtub in the picture. The solid yellow cardstock and ribbon is from Papertrey Ink (lemon tart color), the water splash stickers are from Cloud 9 Design (sky color), the photo mat cardstock is from SU! (Bordering Blue color), and the scalloped edges are from Bazzill. I simply cut two of their Just the Edge pieces to create four pieces. I cut the base cardstock to 11"x11" to accomodate the scalloped edges and allow the page to fit in my page protector. They were a bit tricky to get even, but it still gave me the white edge I wanted. Improvise, I say...improvise! The tilt of the photos in this layout was inspired by a layout I saw in one of my scrapbook magazines.
*click picture for a closer look*
This pre-made title is from Jolee's Boutique. I think I picked it up at Joann's a long time ago....so long ago that it was meant for a Macy page, but anyway...
Oh, I love the terrycloth texture. See the little label on the bottle? It says "sham pooch" instead of shampoo. Funny!
Here's a close-up of the frosted overlay with white polka dots. I think Connie gave it to me and I can't remember where/when I used the other half of it. LOL! It reminds me of a frosty clear shower curtain so the texture it gave the page worked for me.
This shows the back of the double-sided paper and how I adhered the Bazzill strips. I had a hard time getting the corners cut off in a rounded fashion. LOL! Yep, they're all wonky! Gotta love that handmade factor in scrapbooking, huh? LOL! I had originally bought this cardstock because I "liked" it. Good thing since I actually "needed" it to do this page. See, impulse buying isn't so bad, huh? LOL! The only thing I left off this page was JOURNALING! Don't worry...I'll at least add his name and date to this one. Mom and Connie can stop sweating now. They are such journalers, you know....NOT!
Time for a song to go with this layout....click HERE and click the play arrow on the first song. Feel free to get up and flop around like a fish! Splish Splash! :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

You know I'm doing much better than your Mom. She still considers journaling a four letter word. lol Loved the page.