Thursday, April 30, 2009

Heart Card #2

My co-worker Barb told me Wednesday that her beloved dog Griffey died Tuesday night. So,I had to make a second "my heart is with you" card. I had walked around the corner at work and noticed she and I had the same scrub top on. I said "Barb!" and just smiled. Then she said my name while choking back tears. I immediately asked "What????" and she told me. We stood in the hall and cried together for fifteen minutes. I know all-too-well how her heart aches right now. All day at work my heart just fluttered with anxiety since her loss drudged up the familiar ache in my heart about losing Macy. I still miss Macy and now Barb and her husband will know that deafening silence in their home of no pitter patter of paws. My heart aches for them. Barb is such a dear person and we have many heartfelt conversations about life, family and faith. She gives good hugs, too. It was my turn to give her some good ones back. :(
I looked through my remaning felt hearts and also found this mint green rounded felt square. I decided to sew on a button using linen thread. I added a piece of scrap patterned paper from my scraps box, some more linen thread and the same sentiment. I really like the sentiment paired with a true heart shape. It really helps emphasize the thought behind the card. I tried numerous different cardstock colors for the base, but ended up with Kraft....AGAIN! I am telling you, I think the stuff whispers to me when I am in my craft area. It says "Pssssssst...choose me!" LOL!
Here is some happy news....remember Kristie I have written about on here before? Lady my age with breast cancer that spread to her brain. Get this! Her latest body scan was CLEAR. No cancer in her body. She does have swelling in her brain due to the healing process from her last surgery, plus the scar tissue. However, her PET scan on Wednesday was clear for cancer in her brain and her body. Our God is an Awesome God! Wow!

No comments: