Sunday, January 11, 2009

Black & White

A couple days ago on Nichole Heady's blog, she showcased a project using black and white. You can see her awesome idea HERE. You will have to scroll past the olive/kraft idea. Her blog always inspires me and that's why I chose to make these cards in black and white. I think it's a stunning, simple look when they are used together. Hope you like what I'm sharing today. :)
I used Papertrey Ink's nice white cardstock. It is super sturdy and makes a nice card base. I also had this black/white/gray paper from a glitter mat stack. I added the stamped sentiment, some punches, ribbon and a little ribbon slide. Ooh...and those yummy bling stones in the corners.
To go along with the black/white/gray of the paper, I chose to ink my sentiment stamp with two different markers....Basic Black and Going Gray. That way the words "dream" and "grow" stood out more.
The second card uses the same Papertrey Ink white cardstock. I then added ribbon, some scalloped punches, a stamped/embellished photo slide frame and the stamped flower in the center. You can see the focal piece closer in the next photo.

The stamps are "thanks" from Papertrey Ink and the flower from SU! I like the clear stamps from Papertrey Ink since I can see right where I am stamping, especially something small like this photo slide frame. I can see now that my thanks and bling stones on the sides aren't even. Oh well, isn't "imperfection" what makes handmade projects better? LOL!

Jack also wanted to demo his version of black and white. His is the CUTE combo of black nose and white snow. hee hee LOL!!!!

No comments: