Sunday, May 31, 2009

Brad & Abby's Reception

Brad and Abby (my hair stylist) got married on May 24th in Hocking Hills. The reception for family and friends was held yesterday and we attended. It was beautiful weather and the food and cake were yummy! Abby had her wedding dress on for a while, but I failed to take a picture in time. I only got a few pics when they cut the cake.
You can't tell here, but the base cardstock is the shimmery white from Papertrey Ink. I used Pretty in Pink cardstock with Fresh Snow ink for the next layer. I added a pre-made flower embellishment. I changed the center stone to a purple one. That way the colors matched her wedding colors. I added some shimmery white grosgrain ribbon. Easy. I had to make this card quick! Mom wrapped the gift from all of us and I made the card.
This cake resembled the one she had at her wedding (private ceremony). The other one was purple with pink and this one was light pink with purple. It was a white cake with raspberry filling. Delicious! It's hard to see the "E" on top with the pink bling.
They smashed cake on each other's faces!!! The other pic I took of Abby showed that, but it was so very blurry since I was standing too far away.
Just thought I'd share a little tidbit from our weekend. Still plugging away with wedding details for Julie and things around the house. :)

No comments: