Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's the little things...

The silly thing about this card is that I stamped and heat embossed this butterfly a few months ago. I attempted to use it several times, but never liked anything I made until Saturday when this card came to be. I can't remember if I stamped the butterfly in copper ink, then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice powder. It seems like that was the combo. LOL! I used Mellow Moss and So Saffron cardstocks, Chestnut Roan ink and added some Cuttlebug embossing(stylized flowers folder) and copper bling stones. The card is 4x4.
You can see the iridescent shimmer of the butterfly here. I ended up giving this to my mother-in-law with a nice note inside. She read it, said "aww" and then told me she hadn't really done much for us lately. Duh, she brings us her newspaper daily. What a sweet gesture. Not only does it save us money, but I then share it with Wanda next door. So, yes....it's the little things she does that makes life big. Sometimes her "drop off" has some yummy homemade food, too. It's a nice surprise when I don't have to cook dinner. :)
What does someone do for you that makes your life special? Tell them you appreciate it. Life is so short that in a blink of an eye they could be gone. I'm so grateful my stamping hobby helps me share a piece of my heart with those I love. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: