Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Golf Bag Card

I made this card Tuesday night for Kevin's brother-in-law Randy. His birthday is Friday and he's going golfing...his favorite pasttime. :) I think he'll like it. (click pic for a closer look)
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Archivers dark brown, Kraft, Watercolor
Inks: Sahara Sand, Going Gray, Basic Gray, Timber Brown Staz-on, Chestnut Roan chalk ink, Riding Hood Red
Stamps: Fore!, It's Your Birthday
Accessories: blender pen, brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, glitter pen, Copic grey marker, sponge
I made this card in the evening and have to mail it today ASAP. So...I had to take my pics in the evening light and when I turned off the flash to get the detail of the glitter pen, it looks "yellowed". At least you can see how I sneaked a bit of "bling" on a guy card. hee hee Kevin noticed it and we just laughed. I said at least it didn't have ribbon on it. :)

After work today, I have to take Riley to the groomer, run errands and tidy up the house. Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a happy hump day! I love Wednesday afternoons!

Counting some blessings from Tuesday:
  • payday for Kevin
  • dog food for the boys (the big bag!)
  • groceries for the humans...ha ha (love Aldi's prices!)
  • sunshine
  • cool, breezy evening
  • visiting with Wanda at the fence
  • traveling safety for Mom, Grandma and Richard (funeral in eastern Ohio)
  • smiles and laughs at work
  • licky kisses....from two you-know-whos
  • driving Kevin's truck to work (vroom vroom...love the sound of it)
  • ice cold water from the pitcher
  • getting the insurance EOB and noting that some office visits and procedures were paid at 100% benefit (yeah!)
  • having just enough postage stamps to mail bills and birthday cards
  • the smile on Dad's face when we surprised him with fresh corn on the cob
See...it's the little things that matter. Count your blessings today! :)

No comments: